Rules for Collingham and District Agricultural Society
1. All exhibits shown shall be the property of the exhibitor and have been in their possession at least three months previous to the time of showing; and any member showing stock for competition contrary to this rule shall be disqualified from partaking of any prize in the class in which such stock shall be entered.
2. Any objection to any exhibit must be made in writing to the Secretary before 2.30pm on the day of the show, with a deposit of £5, which will be retained if, in the opinion of the Committee, such an objection is frivolous. The Committee formed to hear any objection to consist of three members, who at the discretion of the Chairperson, may be the self, the President, the Secretary or a Steward of the Section to which the dispute or objection relates.
3. The Judges shall have the power to withhold prizes in any class where the quality exhibited shall not be of sufficient merit to entitle them to a prize.
4. All prize winning Cattle must take part in the Prize Winners parade, otherwise their prize money shall be forfeited.
5. No animals to leave the showground until after the grand parade, all Exhibitors can leave after 5.30pm.
6. All produce shown must be grown on land occupied by the exhibitor. Any Exhibitor showing produce contrary to this rule shall be disqualified from partaking of any prize in the class and shall forfeit any prize money they may have been awarded in any Class in the show and shall be prohibited at any future show.
7. Any exhibit not present when judging of that class commences shall be disqualified.
8. The committee reserves the right to cancel or amalgamate any class owing to insufficient entries.
9. The Society, its Officers or Servants, shall not be responsible for any accident, damage or loss, however caused, that may occur to any exhibitor or his servant, or to any animal, article, or property brought into the Showground, or, while entering or leaving or being carried into or out of the said Showground. Each Exhibitor shall be solely responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may be done to or occasioned by, or, arising from any animal, article, or property exhibited or brought onto the Showground by any person, they shall indemnify and hold harmless the Society from and against all actions, suits, expenses and claims on account of or in respect of any such damage or injury which may be caused or occasioned. It is therefore recommended that Exhibitors insure against fire and such liabilities as the Exhibitor may occur under the Show’s regulations.
10. It is a show society requirement that all exhibitors are asked to have Public Liability Insurance Cover.
11. No alcohol is to be taken onto the show site. There will be a fully licensed bar at which alcohol can be purchased. Any attempting to bring alcohol on to the show site will be denied entry.
12. All Exhibitors and their Servants entering the Show Ground will be subject to the Orders, Rules and Regulations of the Society and the Officers appointed by the Society.
13. There will be no vehicle movement on the show site between the hours of 10am and 5.30pm unless approved by the Health and Safety Steward.