Roots & Fodder
Judging commences at 10:30am
Prize money 1st £5, 2nd £3, 3rd £1
Class 24 prize money 1st £10, 2nd £5, 3rd £3.
Entry fee £1
The Bernard Allen Trophy which will be awarded to the exhibitor gaining the most points in classes 22 - 29. 1st 3 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 point.
The Dennis Poucher, Sugar Beet Trophy which will be awarded to the winner of class 24.
Class 22 – Three stalks of maize – without roots any variety
Class 23 – Fodder beet – for the best six beets with tops off
Class 24 – Sugar beet – for the best six beets with tops off
Class 25 – Kale – for the best three stems of kale
Class 26 – Best six potatoes – kidney or round and white any variety
Class 27 – Best six potatoes – kidney or round and coloured any variety
Class 28 – Heaviest Sugar beet – single any variety
Class 29 – Heaviest Fodder beet – single, any variety
Class 30 – Hay – Best Bale this years crop meadow or seeds
1. All roots must be grown by the exhibitors and must be fresh drawn, shown washed with tops and leaves off.
2. All exhibits must be this years crop.
3. All exhibits must be on the ground and staged before 10am and must not be removed before 5pm. Failure to comply with this rule may result in prize money being forfeited.
4. Exhibits, after being staged, shall not be altered or removed under any circumstances.
5. Roots will be cut at the discretion of the judge. Size and quality will be taken into consideration.
6. Only one entry per class to count for points. Points to be awarded are 1st place – 3 points, 2nd place- 2 points, 3rd place- 1 point.
The Society, its Officers or Servants, shall not be responsible for any accident, damage or loss, however caused, that may occur to any exhibitor or his servant, or, to any animal, article, or property brought into the Showground, or, while entering or leaving or being carried into or out of the said Showground. Each exhibitor shall be solely responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may be done to or occasioned by, or arising from any animal, article, or property exhibited or brought onto the Showground by him, he shall indemnify and hold harmless the Society from and against actions, suits, expenses and claims on account of or in respect of any such damage or injury which may be caused or occasioned. It is therefore recommended that exhibitors insure against fire and such liabilities as the exhibitor May occur under the Show’s Regulations.